1080 MM (the blog) is named after the gold standard of film for reels which originated, as we all know, in 1080 millimeter reels.
“It’s not what a movie is about, it’s how it is about it.”Roger Ebert
- From The VaultBirdman (2014) Note: This review was originally posted on my film criticism Patreon, I Don’t Spoil The Movie, in December of 2014. I’m not editing the piece itself, even though my opinions on the film may have changed […]
- I Didn’t Finish ThisFriday, July 10th Welcome to I Didn’t Finish This, a semi-regular column where I talk about media that I didn’t finish. I have a very, very short attention span. In fact, Mannequin (1987 film) Why did I watch […]
- What To Watch: April 13Welcome to the first entry of my semi-regular column, What to Watch, where I go on and on about the weird things I’m watching and how all of you might like to watch them too. Here’s what’s been […]
- Moving Forward“Context is everything in a fable, because every story has already been told. So the only variations I find are the voice of the storyteller and the context in which it’s told.” – Guillermo Del Toro Everything […]
- Cats (2019) 2/5I saw Cats. I really don’t know how else to start this, the inaugural review on 1080MM. Except that I saw Cats, ten days ago, and I still do not know what to make of it. I think […]
I saw Cats. I really don’t know how else to start this, the inaugural review on 1080MM. Except that I saw Cats, ten days ago, and I still do not know what to make of it. I think I had some kind of profound metaphysical spiritual experience. I think I may have transcended a dimension. […]
There’s always been something pretty incredible to me about movies, as a medium. Compared to some other forms of media, films are a multi-sensory experience that can just transport you to another place in time, like… instantly. My life was kind of an inescapable hell for a long time, as a kid, but my parents […]
1080MM is a project from Carey Kirijo (she/they), who is an enormous idiot. They live with their partner and two very sweet cats (Moose & Cake) somewhere in the middle of the United States. You can find their other film criticism on Letterboxd.
Subscribe to 1080MM
Receive emails when new media reviews are posted. Everyone loves emails!